Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day

It was not an easy week. There was more fatigue and coughing than usual. Too much fun last weekend, fighting a cold or allergies like everyone else, or something from the dark side? I will likely find out the week of May 18th when I go for my first set of scans since my visit to MD Anderson and the declaration of NED. The week had its highlights, however, especially for Andy P. He was admitted to the NED club, with highest honors. There was other good news, good meetings and good encounters, which keeps the spirits high. Not sure, though, if No. 1 son turning 15 and obtaining his learner's permit within hours of his birthday qualifies as good. The jury is definitely out on that one.

Speaking of high spirits, despite a bold attempt to ruin my Mother's Day Weekend, Sunday was a delightful day. From special cards, to fresh bagels and cheese eggs, to spending the afternoon with husband, son and Attila the Roz, I could not find a way to be unhappy. I could only see sunshine and feel love.

And since Steve Beagle doesn't hold the patent on humor, here goes:

A suburban mother's role is to deliver children obstetrically once, and by car forever after.
Peter De Vries

I want my children to have all the things I couldn't afford. Then I want to move in with them.
Phyllis Diller

God could not be everywhere and therefore he made mothers.
Jewish Proverb

My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it.
Buddy Hackett

Love to All.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe that Brent is turning 15. Thank G-d, we're getting old. You have continued prayers for continuing good news and a NED diploma. Love Michelle S

Susan said...

Elyse,
Since it was our motherhood that brought us together, I toast our sons! May their futures be bright!
Hugs & Happy Mothers Day, Susan

Ann said...

Elyse,
Happy Mothers Day.
So glad you've reached this milestone and look forward to many more!
Love,
Ann

sandplay said...

Happy Mother Day. Hope your days are filled with sunshine and love and that all efforts to ruin that continue to fail.
In case you missed Obama's standup comedy routine...here is a chuckle that is a pleasure to watch. I think he's definately feeling the love.
Smiles,
D
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2009/05/09/sot.obama.dinner.cnn

sandplay said...

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/politics/2009/05/09/sot.obama.dinner.cnn?iref=videosearch

Roberto said...

I'm so sorry I have been AWOL for so long. I was bicycling through Europe and completely out of touch. No Blackberry etc.
Hard to believe # 1 son is 15. I remember his bris like it was yesterday.
Only good thoughts for this next scan.
We love you and pray for all good things to come true for you.
Love, XXXOOO
Roberto

Forrest said...

Hope you are feeling better and hope to see you at the BBQ Saturday.

Anonymous said...

Dear E,
Glad you had a good mother's day. Miss talking as much but always love being able to tune in to your blog. Driver's License learner's permit ............................yikes!
love you

Anonymous said...

Elyse, so glad you had a wonderful and Happy Mother's Day. Hoping that the week has brought you restoration and new energy. Headed to Houston for the day- thinking of you, Michelle