Sunday, July 13, 2008

The Weekend


The weekend has been quiet with the exception of some welcome visitors. My pattern of bad Saturdays and better Sundays was broken. Did anyone mention a pattern? Did I say there was a pattern here? Whatever. Saturday was easier than today.

Good news on the hair front. I'm still waiting for the hair drop. In fact, I had a leg wax today because I couldn't wait any longer. Another week and I'll need a hair cut and color. I have gotten great advice from survivors about hair loss, but I'm just not ready to "get over it."

Bad news on the weight front. I never, ever, thought I'd see the day that a 1-1/2 pound weight loss would cause distress, but it is. I hadn't expected it since I felt I was eating well all week. I guess that the cooks out there can use whole milk or cream instead of low fat. It seems so counter intuitive. And bring on the Haagen Dazs Pomegranate Chip.

Team Dream had quite a kickoff week. Now it's my turn to put all you riders and contributors in my prayers.

Last, and never least, Brent has one more week of camp. The letters and pictures show a very happy guy. That's him on the bottom left.


Love to all.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Elyse,
As I said to you earlier, Brent looks like a very happy "Leader of the Pack". Glad to know he is having fun and looks so happy. As for you, keep on eating these yummy home cooked meals, and drink your milk shakes and Baileys and frappucinos...You've got the right attitude and you'll get through this no matter what. Stay as determined as you are, and you will win the fight.
Ann

Team Dream said...

Elyse,
If you can figure out how to do it, you can have some of my extra "insulation." In the meantime, Pomegranete Chip and lots o' burgers (preferably in the same meal) sounds like a pretty good insurance policy . . .
xoxoxo
Amy

Anonymous said...

Elyse,
Just ran across this article and thought you would enjoy it: http://www.latimes.com/theguide/events-and-festivals/more/la-dachshund-racing-pg,0,3700316.photogallery

Howard

Anonymous said...

Oh the things that a guy will do for a woman like Elyse. The last time I was on a bike was in West Palm Beach. Dead sober at 10 AM in the morning, I ran into a light pole. Broke a toe and cracked a rib. Despite that, this large clumsy guy will be riding with Amy for 7 days from Flagstaff AZ to Santa Fe, NM. The lengths I will go to to see Amy in Spandex are unimaginable.

It was quite an interesting conversation with the outfitter.

What type bike do you have? I don't have one.

How far do you ride each day? I don't ride at all.

Do you live somewhere where you can train through the winter? Yeah, I guess so.

This should be quite the experience.

Joe Rosen

Team Dream said...

Oh my goodness. I just read Joe's post. The bike trip really SHOULD interesting. Elyse, if I were you I'd try to make it to New Mexico to see this . . . .
Amy