Today brought a new plan, courtesy of the Big Three (Scheinberg, Moore, Dubovsky). Tomorrow I am going to undergo two procedures performed by the surgeon, Dr. Moore. He will perform his own bronchoscopy and he will also obtain samples of lymph nodes on my right side. This involves making an incision in my chest, under general anesthesia. Apparently, at this point, the only "red light" to the surgery is whether my right side is infected. If so, then I will receive other treatment before surgery. If not, my understanding is that I will have surgery to remove my lung 7 to 10 days from tomorrow. The wait is due to the general anesthesia I will require tomorrow.
So, more waiting, but with the waiting will come more knowledge, so I will not complain.
Based on my recovery from the two endoscopic procedures, I fully expect to feel lousy tomorrow, and several days thereafter.
I will keep you posted, even if by a surrogate blogger.
Love to all.